Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas Republic "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Greetings all.
I'm back again. This must be my week for cases I've never seen before. Today's watch is a Seth Thomas Republic.
Recently, Bila was kind enough to post a link to a number of Seth Thomas watches and it was a big help in identifying what I found. I came across this 7 jewel Model 12 with the two tone damaskeening. I thought it was interesting that an image in one of those posts was very similar to mine, but the plate was cut just a little differently.

Posts: 259 | Location: Worthington, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
Here's the dial. It's pretty clean though it is missing the hour hand and crystal.

Posts: 259 | Location: Worthington, Ohio in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2005
posted
When I was looking at the pictures online prior to purchase, I couldn't figure out what the case was made of. There were no pictures of the inside but I thought it was a really nice looking case with apparently not much wear. It's a hunter and both the front and back have the same design.

posted
When it arrived and I could pop it open, it didn't say what it was. All it said was the word Tornado. After a couple of searches through the site here, I came across a post from a few years back where Peter K. posted some pictures of his Tornado case. I had never seen a brass case before, but lo and behold, here one is.

posted
I'm not sure how beat up the workings are on this watch, and it may be a while before I send it out to have it worked on. It's just a neat watch with a nice case.
And thanks to all the folks here, past and present, I've learned a bunch in a short amount of time. You're all awesome and I appreciate the support and patience you guys show to the relative newbies like myself.
Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Ed