Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Early Waltham Help "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Going through some movements to list I came across a few that when I looked them up on the site they appeared to be all wrong. First one is a model 72 with capped jewels and they claimed it was only a 15 jewel which I knew different but this one below in picture says it is a model 57 which doesnt look anything like a 57 but more like a 59. Does anyone have a different source to look this number up for me. #17698

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
Rob-

Looks to be an 1860 model (16KW) 16s KW/KS from back Appleton tracy. Supposedly came in a silver case. ABP of $600 in my four year old book. I think my father has one too, but the cases are hard to find. Very good item still.

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Oh I thought it was a 18s as it is about 3mm larger than standard 16s

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Well I just measured it and it is not quite as big as a 18s either. HUH I guess it might be a 16s as you say were they larger than the standard 16s

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Rob, I believe this is an American Watch Co. KW16.
They look a lot like the 1868 model except for the click cresent at the key wind.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
Definately a Kw16 model 1860 Rob, I have one my self, there is a few pictures of mine on the forums here. If the balance is intact on this I would be interested in buying it for spares if you are going to market it?

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Bila I will be listing it on Ebay sometime soon. I do not keep much have to turn it around so I can keep buying and keep kids fed.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Rob, I will keep an eye out for it.

Best Regards,
Bila

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011