Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The Collectable Waltham Riverside "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
I have just finished posting about all the pictures I can of the many (over 25) different sizes and models of Waltham's Riverside grade movement (see Photo Gallery). I think this grade can make a great collection. Within each type are variations in finish, jeweling and, of course, hunting and open-face movements. The Riverside was one of Waltham's better grades (the top Riverside being the Riverside Maximus), but many of these are still very affordable. The original purchasers were proud of the watch they were buying and usually selected nice cases as well. In a collection of Riversides one can get a nice cross section of most of Waltham's sizes and models. My presentation is weak on the 6 and 8 size, so please add what you can to those as well as nice examples of any of the others.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003