Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Private label day! "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
The weather today is terrible. We are getting 25 to 30 mph winds and lake effect snows. So I decided it was a good day to do some watch work.
I reassembled an 18s Illinois that was ready to go. I replaced the fourth wheel, and the hands. I have to place it back into the case it came in and then time it. The Dial appears to have been the object of a dog's attention. But it is a local PL from Ilion, NY, about 7 miles away.

The second part of my attention went to this Getty mdl Illinois PL, R.E. Crawford, Amsterdam, NY, about 25 miles from me. It was very dirty and needs a mainspring and hands.
Anyone have a #47334 mainspring for it?

I have a nice Hamilton older model 974 movement, looking for a new set lever that also locks the stem in place. Also need a case with the stem for this model 974. This movement is in very nice condition and is a M.E. Lippitt from Cooperstown, NY.

I hope the weather where you are is nicer than here in upstate NY!

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008