Tools
Reply to Post

2009 watch wish list "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
All,
What watches are on your 2009 want list?
Tony Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
One that I would like to have is a Hamilton Ships Chronometer.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
12 size 21j Doll Watch Co and a 12 size South Bend Directors watch.

Bob

Posts: 621 | Location: Vallejo, California U.S.A. | Registered: July 10, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Waltham 19 or 21 Jewel 16 size Open Face model 1888.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Ted Steuernagel
posted
Mine would be a Dennison, Howard, Davis model 1857

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
My wish list includes at least one of the following: a South Bend 323, 327, 328, 0r 329.

A dream would include maybe at least two.

Ernie

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
I wish I could find a 19 jewel Bunn 60 HOUR that would have a consecutive number to one I already own.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
I start 2009 with 16 private label watches from 16 different states. Hope to be able to add a few more watches in 2009.
Tony Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
A Hamilton military torpedo-boat watch with 56 hour winding indicator and wooden box I pasted on one for $1000.00 about 4 years ago and I have never seen another for sell and I did not know that was a great price at the time kick me.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Tony
I have always wondered what states do you have & do you look for any certain make or jewel count?

Tom

posted
Well, for me, the 'Holy Grail' would be a Solid Gold English Lever pocket watch with my surname engraved on the movement!

I know there were 'Woolsey' watchmakers resident in Gainsborough and Lincolnshire in the C19th, which is where my paternal folks come from, but I've never happened upon a watch yet ........... or a clock for that matter!

For a 'wristie', it would be an Omega Daniels Co-Axial.

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
A special invite to tour Lindell's watch vault Smile

Posts: 357 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 05, 2008
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
I would love to acquire an E. Howard Series II or III in the original case.

Mary Ann Scott

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Tom,
I look for any American made complete watch without regard to the jewel count. My first choice is a private label watch marked on the dial and movement and my second choice is watch with just a private label dial. I currently have private label watches from the following states: Georgia,New York,Iowa,New Jersey,Connecticut,Florida,Minnesota,Washington,Missouri,Ohio,
Wisconsin,Oregon,California,South Dakota,North Dakota,and Mass.
Tony Smile

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Wouldn't it be fun to make a "Photo Archive" of all our Private Labels from various North American locations (I must include Canada which had far more private-named watches per capita (I think).

With the colective expertise aming our membership this would make a fun BOOK! I really mean that, think of the Tales from the rails, and Mr Buchan;'s stuff, and ALL the watches we have to draw from, and the story-tellers we have in our midst. We could do a "travelugue" of North America filled with historuical memorabilia and fun stuff.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
When Horses were King of the road and Lawmen were few and far between!

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Dave,
I really like the idea of having a thread devoted to a photo archive of private label watches. What say you///// Smile
Tony

posted
My wish list would have to include any make German military PW from WW2.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Tony

I also like the idea of a private label photo archive.

Tom

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Tony, Dave , Tom, et al....I think a private label photo archive would be a great thing to have.... Big Grin

Let's see how this works out, then maybe we can start thinking about archiving all the members collections of those who would like to do so.

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
A private label thread sounds great!

Ernie

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
I really, really want an Hamilton 3992B. Big Grin Santa didn't bring one, so it is still on the wish list.

John III

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I guess Ted and I would like to find the same watch Wink
I would start with a 5 digit waltham 1857 and work my way backwards to 1854. Who knows!

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
posted
Any 18s United States Watch Company (Marion) or tons of 8s and 10s keywind cases

Posts: 1 | Location: Silver Spring, Maryland in the USA | Registered: January 16, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
This year I would like to find a 21 jewel 12s Illinois Stewart Special, and a 21 jewel 18s Stewart Special.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
posted
I really like the idea of a separate thread for private labels. I have one signed "C. B. Hibbard & Co." from Pulaski NY, signed on the face and works, with no indication of the real maker. I'll post a picture when it returns from repair. With the help of the Pulaski, NY historical society I've identified the jeweler, and am preparing a short bio of him for the society.

Posts: 33 | Location: Charleston, South Carolina in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2010
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Here is a very early one, 1845-1855 or so, J.J. Bigelow Boston. Later to become Bigelow & Kennard & Co.

Posts: 352 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Here's the dial in my homemade case....

Posts: 352 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona USA | Registered: November 25, 2002