Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Dominion Railways pocket watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1954
posted
i just finished doing up a Waltham Dominion Railways pocket watch..turned out very nice.

Posts: 203 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 11, 2014
IHC Member 1954
posted
movement

IHC Member 1954
posted
case

IHC Member 1954
posted
other than a couple bites on the bottom edge of the minutes section of the dial, very impressive looking watch..

IHC Member 2030
posted
Very nice, all of the visual features that make a dream watch.
Thanks for showing here
Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Thanks for sharing, nice restoration.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 1954
posted
it sure is hard to find any answers to why these were produced, and for whom ..i can only find a couple of these documented, and no real answers about where they were sold, and what the dominion railways actually referred to.some say it was for a Canadian railway, but the Dominion Railway was formed in the 30's, almost 50 years after these were built..lots of theories, but no real proof of anything..any knowledge from any one would be appreciated..any other examples of these would be nice to see some photos of..thank you..

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Very nice, Victor.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
Picture of Brian C.
posted
quote:
to

Very nice, Victor.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 1555
posted
Nice watch Victor, just curios mate, is it 15 Jewel?

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1954
posted
yes, it is 15 jewel..i believe they were all 15 jewel until a couple years after..

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks VictorSmile

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Very Nice! I notice the pattern on the bridge does not match the pattern on the plate. That would be very unusual for an American watch but if it is Canadian (and I suspect it is with that dial) I have seen bridges on some of their watches that do not match the plate.

Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1954
posted
actually, if you turn the movement in a certain light, the pattern has a line across the barrel bridge the same as the watch on the plate does..the balance cock doesn't have the pattern, but all the pieces have the correct original serial number sequence on them..the watch also has a 3 star rarity in the Complete price guide to Watches , so there aren't many out there..

IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
That is great news. Like you say it is the way the light hits it. I love that dial and I have always loved the frosted movements. That beautiful and rare watch does deserve a nicer case and since the case it is in is not original it would be great if you could find a Waltham model 1883 case so the case mounting screws would line up. That would be perfect.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011