• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with second Getty movement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Last week I posted a question regarding a Getty movement and was very grateful for the help given.

Soooo....I just bought another watch with a Getty movement. It is movement #1827350 which seems to be from 1905. It is an open face, lever set configuration. 21 Jewels. Markings on the bridges include Adjusted, Temperature, 6 positions, Isochromism, 21 Ruby Jewels.

Looking in the Complete Price Guide to Watches (ref p 284) which I've very recently received,I am still unsure as to what the model/grade might be.

Unfortunately the hands and dial are wrong for this watch...the dial has Roman numerals, but otherwise seems to fit. The case might be OK for time frame, but is a replacement.

If you can add to or confirm any information,or know a source for hands and dials, I would appreciate any help you can give.

Norm

Posts: 32 | Location: Southern Arizona in the USA | Registered: February 20, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Norm, you found one of 2440 21 Jewel Sangamo Gettys ever made! A rare find indeed!

These Sangamo movements are the epitome of Illinois Getty movements. I have posted Getty's for years. Below is one from a 2009 discusstion of these beauties.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007