Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16s 21j Rockford Grade 500 Hunter "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bob Christie
posted
Here is another nice watch I picked up at the Salem Show. I do not know much about these watches but with the mint Keystone Case and the mint double sunk Montgomery Dial. I just could not pass it up. It is my understanding they made 140 of these watches. I am not sure if that is hunter or open face. This is a hunter. Any idea of what this is worth and how many hunter movements were made? I am not looking to sell this one.
Thanks
Bob Christie

tamtam_001.jpg

Posts: 162 | Location: Eldorado Springs, Missouri USA | Registered: August 11, 2005
Picture of Bob Christie
posted

tamtam_002.jpg

Posts: 162 | Location: Eldorado Springs, Missouri USA | Registered: August 11, 2005
Picture of Bob Christie
posted

posted
Bob,

You sure you want to keep that one..it says they made 240 of the grade 500... Way to common.. Wink

John Pavlik

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
I see the serial number looks up as a 500 in the list in the Ehrhardt book, but from the damaskeen and a few of the details (no large polished disk around escape wheel jewel setting, winding wheels not mirrored all the way to the edge, etc.) this appears to me to look more like a grade 510 than a 500. Maybe one of the Rockford collectors can comment though ...

Fred

Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
I agree with Fred. It is a really nice watch, but does not look like a 500 or 505.

I don't own one of these, but have owned one in the past. The winding wheels should look like the ones on the 300/305 12 size cousins of the 500/505. Here is a picture of the 305.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002