• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What did I just buy? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I believe this is a Seth Thoma Mod 2. Sn 76173. Any kin to the Henery Moleinaux? Any thing special about it?

Posts: 3233 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: June 25, 2008
posted

posted
Looks like a private-label Model 2, John.

It's gotta say Molineux to be Molineux.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Beautiful piece. Be very careful when pressing on the Hands. That center wheel top pivot is on a very weak unsupported cantilever section of the plate and is easily distorted with a "Mogilla" push to press on the hands.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
I paid $156.00 for it, too much? Thanks for your help.

jg

posted
Nah, just put a piece of masking tape over the Guernsey and write Grennan on it. Big Grin

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The 18s Gold Filled case is worth about that much! The Model 2 movement is very unique as Seth Thomas' contribution to the race for a 3/4 plate 18s movement. It looks like you got it for 1/2 "insured" market.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thank you Dave, you will no doubt see it eventually.

jg