WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pocket Watch Collection of a deceased Chapter 185 Member "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 360
posted
My husband, Garrison Moore, passed away on December 5, 2004. Gary was a member of this Chapter and although he was active for only a short time, due to his disability, he enjoyed all the conversations and e-mails he received from all of you.

He asked that I sell his watches only if I needed to. I plan on keeping the most memorable of his collection to pass on to his son. However, I find myself in a position where I must find some expense money. I know that he would prefer that I offer people from this Chapter the opportunity to purchase some of his collection.

I do not have a digital camera or the technical background to do a lot of this on this site.

So please, if you are looking for something specific, I will check to see if my husband has it in his collection. Please use our E-mail address directly: juanita.gary@verizon.net

Thank you for giving him pleasure in his favorite hobby.

Juanita Moore

Posts: 11 | Location: Redlands, California U.S.A. | Registered: April 29, 2004
IHC Life Member

Picture of Fred R. Hougham
posted
Juanita,
If you need help in posting some of the watches you wish to sell, I would be more than happy to assist you with digital pictures and descriptions (at no charge) other than you would need to pay for the shipping and insurance both ways. You also might find another member volunteer a little closer to you
so the shipping wouldn't be so much.
Sorry to hear about your husband.
Regards
Fred Hougham

Posts: 324 | Location: Daytona Beach, Florida USA | Registered: November 29, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...am truly sorry to hear of your husband's passing, Juanita...I believe our own Aaron Bereiter lives close by to you there and could possibly assist...

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Everyone,

A few minutes ago I spoke with Jaunita Moore by telephone. I expressed our sincere condolences and we also discussed ways all of us in Chapter 185 might be of help. My suggestion on selling the watches was to send them over to me a few at a time. I would evaluate and photograph the watches, then offer them for sale on our site. All of the proceeds from selling Gary's watches would go entirely to the Moore family. Mrs. Moore liked that suggestion and felt it would be in complete harmony with Gary's wishes.

Fortunately our friend Gary had carefully researched and tagged each of the watches in his collection, a wise and prudent move. This situation is yet another reminder for every one of us to inventory our collection and prepare for the day when our loved ones will have to deal with it.

Thanks Fred and Jim for offering your kind words of sympathy and assistance.

I'm very proud of you guys.

Lindell

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Sorry to hear of your loss Juanita, i may have never spoken to him, but we shared something very good as chapter members.
If anything i can do please ask.

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Jaunita,
We're very sorry to hear of your husband's passing.
Brian & Jane Cavanaugh

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Juanita, May I also offer my sincerest condolences on your loss.

Tom

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Juanita,please allow me to also offer my sincerest condolences on your loss.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of John "cranster" McElhenny
posted
Juanita,
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Gary will be missed by us all.
John and Francine

Posts: 349 | Location: Western New York in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 22, 2002
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Juanita,

My condolences on your recent loss.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
We are diminished...... my condolences.

Posts: 185 | Location: Sedro Wooley, Washington USA | Registered: January 02, 2003
posted
Juanita,
I am very sorry to hear. I will be more than willing to help You in any way necessary. Sending his items to Lindell would be your best bet. I could help with packaging. Heck, I'll pick up the shipping and insurance to get them to Ohio. Anything to help.
I regret I never got to meet Garrison, I am very sorry.

Aaron

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Juanita,
Very sorry to hear of your loss. As was said so well above, "We are diminished...".

Our thoughts are with you.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Please add my condolences as well. My deepest respect. Mark Cross

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Dear Juanita,

Thank you for sharing your loss with us. I am honored that Garry found Chapter 185 an enjoyable place to visit.

Greg Crockett

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002