Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18s 17J 6 Pos Adj. Naked Swiss "Fake" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
We start with re-assembly of all the important "precision" stuff . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Check to make sure the metal "Cap Jewel" is assemble on the bottom of the "top Plate". Note the Balance cock has a "real" cap Jewel, making this wonder of enginnering a THREE (3) Jewel Movment!!!! Cool . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Then we make sure the "Top Plate with all metal pivots is cleaned . . .

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Ready to assemble the "Precision (fake glass) "Jewelling" dress plate . . .

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
So the assembly "really looks like ? ? ?"

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
On goes the Balance wheeel, cock assembly and it runs "face down" only! Ready for "Steampunk" Junk pile! Not even botherig to add the Faux "Winding wheels. A "Real Great Naked Swiss Fake"!

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
hi David : I couldn't have given a clearer or better explanation of a SWISS FAKE if I tried, Eek thanks,Tom

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Very educational David, thanks for posting.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 1418
Railroad Time Inspector
posted
I took on a project which happened to be this Swiss fake. I was given two which seemed to be of the exact make. As both watches were non running and in bad shape stupid me thought that I will just make one good one from the parts. WRONG Mad
Nothing lined up it seems that these watches are from different manufactures they are close but slightly different placements for the piviots, Balance bridge placement and even case screws, among all most every thing else. I am not talking about a great difference but a hairs breath. As I told the owner of these beauties you have the best looking non working swiss fakes ever made!I will just chalk it up to a learned experience.

Posts: 105 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 05, 2010