• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Cased used for Hamiltons prior to 1924 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello All=Recently I was on the Hamilton site and was looking at some of the excellent research done by our members regarding Hamilton cases and dials from 1924 forward-am I to assume that prior to 1924 the cases used by Hamilton were not signed and they were just by any case manufacturer that the buyer chose? also I was wondering is there another research data base matching case numbers to movement
numbers ? ( as we now know the script signature on the dial was fazed out around 1918) Thanks BOB

Posts: 60 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2013
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
No some of the very early to late "teens" watches were cased in Hamilton signed cases of gold filled as well as solid gold. Generally speaking we find higher grades and bridge models in these Hamilton signed "teens" cases.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Prior to the 'teens I've seen them in all kinds of cases, with no attention paid to whether anything is matching (I've never seen a Hamilton listing note that described such a match).
Maybe someone else has had a different experience.
kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
posted
Bob, here is link to an IHC thread which has a lot of detail on the early Hamilton cases. As far as I know there is no data which would allow matching movement and case numbers, however there is data showing by year the type of factory cases sold on each model.
Bob

Posts: 346 | Location: Woodland Hills, California in the USA | Registered: January 07, 2011
posted
thanks I guess I was really looking for early case yrs of production and possible numbers as in the 1924 to 1971 posts thank you all BOB

Posts: 60 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: February 05, 2013