Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What movement would this dial have come off of? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Here is a 16 size dial that I acquired. Is it possible to find out who the Illinois Jewelry Co. was? Also, I thought it was an Illinois dial but the feet are at 19, 36, and 55 minutes. Doesn't seem to match up with an Illinois movement. It appears to be porcelain and the second sink is not a separate piece, it is a flat dial. Any one care to take a guess as to what watch this may have come off of?

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Steve

I have been looking for info on the company but no luck yet.

The dial feet might match Trenton 19.0-36.0-55.0, Ingersoll same & Elgin 19.2-36.0-54.7

If you want to know models for those let me know.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Steve, Those are Ingersol/Trenton Dial feet positions, and I have a couple that are the "Illinois watch Co." which I expect is part of that same deal. This movement is at my shop and I used it for you to compare the feet positions.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Dave and Tom,

Thanks for the info, I think you have hit the nail on the head. Since it doesn't fit an Illinois I guess I will take and sell it.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008