WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Our Exclusive "Timekeepers Photo Gallery"  Hop To Forums  IHC185™ "Timekeepers Photo Gallery"    Waltham Vanguard 21 Ruby Jewels in Brass Railroad Case (Community Album)
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Waltham Vanguard 21 Ruby Jewels in Brass Railroad Case "Click" to Login or Register 
, by Mike Rouse (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Picture of Mike Rouse
This is a recent purchase that I would like to share . Its a Waltham Vanguard , 21 ruby Jewels in an Early keystone Brass Case . It has an engraved Locomotive and Tender on the case . It looks nice in a fairly scarce early Keystone all Brass Case . Shines like gold.I use Maas for the anti tarnish protection , and it will look great for a long time . It looks fairly correct to me . What does everybody think ? And Thanks for Looking . Mike

IHC Member 1110
posted
Really nice Vanguard Mike! Those early ones marked Ruby Jewels probably are harder to find.The Vanguard 18s was advertised as being the "finest 18S movement in the world".They were right!...I have one like it, but not marked ruby jewels., it's one of my favorites.Regards, Ted Brown.

Picture of Mike Rouse
posted
Thanks . I have only had this watch for a day and it is keeping PERFECT time . Its my New Favorite .Post a pic here , id like to see the movement. Mike

IHC Member 1110
posted
I would if I could Mike, I still have no way of posting pics.Thanks, Ted B.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Great-looking Vanguard Mike, and presentation. Just curious what is "Maas" and where do you obtain it?

Larry Buchan

Picture of Mike Rouse
posted
Its a polish . Like semichrome but Superior. It has anti tarnish protection , and takes a tiny amount for use . Lavender smelling , works on Everything . Its available on the web , but I bought it at Walgreens of all places . A Real hardware store might have it but we dont have one here . Part number 91403 . 2 oz. tube . It will make a difference . I have used it for years . Mike