Notify
Tools
Add Comment
English Watchmaker's Lathe "Click" to Login or Register 
, by Scott Cerullo (created on )Gallery | Comments 
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
This is my BTM watchmaker's lathe and cross slide. It is a Geneve pattern lathe which is smaller than the WW or American styled lathes. This one was made during WWII for Britain's war effort. They are just like the German lathes, which were of course not available to the Allied forces. It is a great piece of history and functional too.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Thanks for the pictures Scott. The small Geneva type has a bed and stand like the German Leinen Reform model lathe. Does it used 6mm or 8mm collets?

Thanks,

Greg

Posts: 1948 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Hi Greg,
It uses the 8mm. It looks just like the Leinen, came in a similar box with the attachments, just not as common. I would like to get a Leinen eventually.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
Those are beautiful, Scott. You say you have them? That's pretty impressive.

Thanks for the video suggestion, by the way--I realized you suggested that. I dont have a video player, but it occurs that Tascione may have made dvds by now?

I'll check.

Jessica

Posts: 834 | Location: New York, New York U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2003