Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

E. Howard Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello all,
I have a nice E Howard Series 10 pocket watch with an unusual case. Its not a swing out like many but it is a market E Howard Case. I would like to know if this is a rare Howard case or not. Can anyone tell me about it. It looks like a Hamilton Mainliner except it has 2 bars over the crown on the bow?
Thanks

Posts: 54 | Location: Rolesville, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2017
IHC Member 1555
posted
I think from memory Lindell has posted somewhere here on the forum about these cases Wes. Also, I think that dial looks to be a late repro dial, does not look original to me, reminds me of the La-Rose "paint on brass" dials.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
Wesley do a find or search (at the top of page) for
Howard cases. Should get several items.

Nice case and watch but like Bila I think the dial
is a repro.
Roger

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Case is an E. Howard Watch Co. (Keystone) R.R. Chronometer gold filled screw back & bezel case.

Not "Rare" but certainly a desirable case in the later E. Howard Watch Co. line up.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
Thanks everyone, I attached a side picture of the dial. I am assuming its a painted metal dial? Anyone want to chime in please do. When you touch it, its very slick like a porcelain one feels. So an enamel paint perhaps? Look closely at the top of the dial in this photo. Doesn't it look like a stick on possibly?
I am totally confused. Cant you tell?
Thanks again

Posts: 54 | Location: Rolesville, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2017
posted
Ok DUH, Its a Metal Dial Replacement.
Thanks everyone.