Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16s Ball Waltham hands decent price? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
16s Ball Waltham hands

What would you consider a decent price for a set if you were bidding on them?

Posts: 42 | Location: Columbiana, Alabama in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2018
IHC Member 785
posted
As much as it is worth to you.

Harv

Posts: 158 | Location: Sacramento, California USA | Registered: June 26, 2006
posted
I was given a price of almost 40 for Illinois Bunn hands , So I went under the ebay advanced section and looked up Ball hands and since feb they have gone for as much a 89 and a low as 8.50 , with 40 being about average , How pristine and plum do you want them ? The other day I bought an illinois for the dial and hands , it said it ran great , when I got it some BOZO had smashed the wrong hour hand on it and blown out the center jewel , so the fit and finish are equal factors .

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1338
posted
How nice is the watch you're putting them on?
Prices on ball hands vary depending on condition. As Kevin said, figure 40 on up. Really nice plum ones you WILL pay more. If you have a 500 watch there pay up and get the nice ones. If a 150-250 watch get lesser quality hands that's up to you

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
Once repaired, my watch will not be mint but hopefully a good carry watch. The hands I'm looking at are not the greatest but serviceable. The ones on it now have been under a plastic crystal for many years & when Paul pulls them they are going to explode! I didn't know about the EBay advanced search feature. I'll have to check that out!

Posts: 42 | Location: Columbiana, Alabama in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2018
posted
Rick , when you pull up ebay , to the right of the search block is advanced , click that, enter search terms , go down and click sold listings and then search ! ba-da bing !

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1338
posted
Rick;

If Paul is servicing the watch I'm betting he will have some hands there that'll work for you he can just put on while it's there, and probably more reasonable than you'd buy them on ebay....just a thought

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
posted
Good idea, Tom! I'll check with him first. Thanks!