WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Navigational set of watches for the German Bundeswehr "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here´s an interesting set I just acquired, a set comprising of a Chronograph and two Hanhart Rattrapante stopwatches for navigational purposes, issued to the German Bundeswehr in 1967. On the back of the wood box is a makers stamp from the firm that made the boxes, Ruhmannsfeldner Holzwaren, dated 11 Sept. 1967, and on one of the stopwatches there is a Bundeswehr sticker with the date/year shown 67. These are extremly rare and have only been seen in books, so I consider myself fairly lucky to get my hands on a set.
Konrad Knirim has a picture of the set on page 577 in his book; Military Timepieces, 150 years of watches and clocks of German Forces. I was also told Kesaharu Imai also has a picture of the set in his book.
Unfortunately no other written information is suppied in either book, so a little more homework will still have to be done.
A picture of page 577 is also supplied for those not fortunate enough to call those books their own.

The NSN no´s for the set are; NSN 6675-12-140-9136
and can be looked up here;
NSN lookup

The No´s engraved on the back of the stopwatches are; 6645-12-137-2101 Bw

I still had a catalog from 1957 on these stopwatches from Hanhart on my hard drive;

Best Regards

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
IHC Member 1550
posted
Wonderful addition Werner. Quite the piece of history there. Quite the chunk of change I am sure of as well. Regards, Mike

Posts: 495 | Location: Southcoast Massachusetts | Registered: May 13, 2010
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Now that's just cool!

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002