Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Above and Beyond "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
A couple weeks ago I purchased a Hamilton Model 21 via an online auction. After reading some of the posts about locking the escape wheel down before shipping,I started to get worried. I asked in the thread if anyone lived near the auction location in Melbourne Florida. One of our IHC 185 members, Paul Regan, offered to drive the 125 miles to Melbourne from his house. Paul also offered to bring the clock to his house, get it ready for shipping and ship the clock.

I took Paul up on his offer. Last Friday, Paul and His wife drove to Melboune, picked it up, drove home and shipped the 21 out to me on Saturday. I received the 21 today. Once I unlocked the balance, the 21 took off and is keeping perfect time.

I wanted to thank Paul in our IHC forum for what I consider going "Above and Beyond". He could have sat back, read the post and not answered. But, he didn't. Paul took a whole day to take care of me.

That shows me that Paul is not only an asset to the IHC, it shows me that he is in fact a good person that cares about others. Thanks Again Paul! Big Grin

P.S. its also nice to have a model 21 collector give me a thumbs up on the one I bought.

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Member 1357
posted
Accolades for sure to Paul!!
Roger

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010