Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

LeCoultre "Big Weems" A-11 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Everyone,

I just ran across this British auction for a LeCoultre Weems seconds setting watch in the "big" case.
LeCoultre military Weems A11 pilots watch
Just wanted to share, as I've never seen a LeCoultre with US Ordnance markings, and I've seen very few big Weems with them. Note that it has a "42" issue date stamp, unusual looking engraving and an unconventional part number.

Regards,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Thanks, Carey. I'm not sure what to make of it. The style of engraving is noted. Given my lack of experiance with these watches, I'd try to take some precautions before making a serious bid.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Here are pictures of mine. As you can see, the movement crown is missing. I need to find a replacement for it. Also, the dial is different from te example on eBay. I haven't seen enough of these yet to determine which dial is correct.

<center> </center>

What a good looking movement.

<center> </center>

<center> </center>

Posts: 101 | Location: San Antonio, Texas in the USA  | Registered: July 25, 2006
posted
James,

Thanks for posting yours. The engraving is very similar to the eBay example, which helps to validate it for me. I must say that I think your dial has been refinished, as the LeCoultre logo should appear as it does on the eBay watch (although I think it may have been refinished as well)

Nice watch though, with solid potential to be a top-notch example.

Thanks again,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005