WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Any body watching this story of a British mil.rolex sub that was on Ebay "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Been watching this story on a few forums of a British Military Rolex Sub that was being sold on Ebay it sold for a record price.And was sold by the original owner that needed the money in his old age a real cool story here is a link to it on the MWR forum it done sold so I thought it was cool to post.
http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36978

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Member 456
posted
Thanks for posting, very interesting!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
posted
I was following the auction and the story...but its not the most expensive Mil-Sub ever sold. I´ve heard there were others in Christies or Southerbys sold for more!!! believe it or not. Eek

Just found it, sold 12 May 2008 for...$127186.00
Christies

have a look around what others were sold for... More MilSubs

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Thats crazy, as much as my first house here in California Eek

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
I am happy the buyer is pleased, but in my opinion that price for a relatively recent wristwatch without some kind of special historical significance (like it was originally owned by the President or by a famous Admiral or something) it is silly. But on the other hand . . .hmmmm . . . would anyone like to offer me $100,000 in cash for my old Benrus MIL-W-46374 from the 1970s that was issued to me?

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
yes I would Jim, but only if your arm was still attached to it and you would be prepared to go into slave labour for me, for the rest of your life. Big Grin

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009