WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Has anyone compiled a listing of U.S WWII Military Watch Part Numbers? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of William Chappell
posted
I collect/restore Elgin, Bulova, and Waltham WWII Military timepieces and at times have difficulty identifying part numbers from eBay auctions. My personal inventory of Military part numbers has been documented on an excel spreadsheet and I'll gladly share the information I have. However, if someone has already produced this information, I am interested in obtaining it to complete my records.

Thank You,

Bill

Posts: 30 | Location: Mountain Top, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: November 20, 2005
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
This is a great idea, Bill. I don't know of anyone who has compiled a part number listing. With all of those little Govt. packages out there it would be of considerable use.

The closest thing on my shelf is TM 9-1575, the well known 1945 watch/clock repair manuel which has been uploaded and is available as a download here on IHC185.ORG

John Duvall's TM Download

As you are aware, each illustration in TM 9-1575,includes part numbers. However, I have not cross-checked these part numbers with the military parts packages mentioned.

A drawback to the above TM is that it does not cover some models - such as the Waltham, Hamilton, and Bulova A-11 sweep second movements, to name a few.

All-in-all, a parts number directory would be a terrific asset.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Fed DLA

Enzo provided the above link as well as the following advice....

for whatever watch, clock and spare parts in question that the U.S.Gvmt has purchased and used in his logistic chain the data are handled by
Defence Logist Agency, U.S. Gvmt,
by Group and class (6645), Pn......, Manufacturer code....., applicability..... , Federal Stock number....., last acquisition cost....etc.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Here is a link to my Excel spreadsheet which lists the parts I've encountered so far. If you are able to add to the list, please share that info in this forum.

Thanks,

Bill

Having trouble with the URL. Copy and paste into your browser. Remove the quotation marks.

"www.clockguru.com/Photos/Military Parts Reference.xls"

Posts: 30 | Location: Mountain Top, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: November 20, 2005
posted
I have a copy of Ord Supply Catalog (ORD 8 SNL F-36) dated 10 Oct 1944, which has complete part listing for:
Elgin 8/0 grade 539, 544, 580
Hamilton 6/0 987A
Waltham 6/0 model 10609 and 10617 (9&17J)
Bulova 10AK
Elgin pocket watch (grade 387)
Waltham pocket watch (model 1617)
Elgin timer (grade 469)

Posts: 39 | Location: Bdr Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia | Registered: June 08, 2005
posted
Wow!!! Lau, I will gladly pay you to photocopy or scan the book. Email me directly and we can work out the details. Thank you!

clockguru@gmail.com

Bill

posted
Hi Lau

Would it be possible to scan and email me a copy of part list for the Waltham pocket watch model 1617?

My email address is:gdcs@kol.co.nz

Gordon

Posts: 184 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: February 02, 2007
posted
Bill/Gordon, I will scan the booklet and email it to you and anybody interested.

Posts: 39 | Location: Bdr Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia | Registered: June 08, 2005
posted
Hi Lau
Look forward to it.

Many thanks indeed.

Gordon

Posts: 184 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: February 02, 2007
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Hi Lau,

If it's not too much trouble, I would also like a copy Smile

gregcrockett@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Greg