Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Soviet Marine Chronometers "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
quote:
Unfortunately, there is no way to know from these guys who posted the feedback if the items ever did deliver.

Actually there is. The buyers names are visible in the negative feedbacks and you can certainly email them and ask them if they ever got their chronometers and other items. I would advise you to do so. In fact I have emailed three of them already and will report the responses. Also if they reported to eBay that they finally received their purchases it would not be too difficult to get the negatives reversed FYI,regards,Tom Roll Eyes

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
THIS BUYER BOUGHT A CHRONO IN BOX,ONLY THE CHRONO CAME AND THERE HAS BEEN NO COMMUNICATION,AND THE BOX STILL HAS NOT COME

Dear uncle_toms_cabin,

Hi!
Well, i got the chrono, with some months delay and without wood box. As you know without box it's a bit like a garden without flowers... :-(

Regards,
Pablo

- strandopoulo

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
quote:
Also if they reported to eBay that they finally received their purchases it would not be too difficult to get the negatives reversed FYI,regards,Tom

Actually Tom, ebay will not reverse the negative even if the buyer asks them to do so. I had my 1st negative after an overseas buyer did not recieve his item. Turns out it was held in customs. When he did recieve it, we both asked ebay to reverse the Neg with less than desirable results.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
and I had exactly the opposite result Ray,maybe they're inconsistent

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
this is the reply from the second of the two I contacted

Hi Tom, I did not receive my item, and i did not know there was a limit on 45 days to get back my money back, i told ebay about this seller, so i thought he was removed.
Good luck to you, hope you not to late (45days)
Best Regards
Harald

- mobbatt

IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Ray,

I'm just reading this and I must respectfully correct you on one point; eBay will remove negative feedback if requested by the seller, let alone the buyer! Basically if you generate significant $$$ for eBay, no request is ignored. This was my personal experience. eBay's rules for buying and selling sound as though they're in cement but in fact they're fully adjustable depending on the situation.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
a reply from the third buyer I contacted-

From User:
zmxu (100)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 09-Nov-99 in Hong Kong
Activity with zmxu (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from zmxu
Activity with zmxu (last 90 days): zmxu has bid on 0 of my items

I never received the Lange marine chronometer from her and never heard from her again. Obviously, she is cheater.

- zmxu
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

posted
Tom,

don't know if i should publish it here or not, but I can provide the last known "real" email address for Sabina if needed for the buyers you've been contacting.

Michael

Posts: 102 | Location: Houston, Texas in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
what ever you think is right. I just tracked down the 3 buyers to prove that she has never made any of the deals right, though a few in this club were making nice talk about her, and I did not want someone sending her a bundle of money and then getting swindled,nuff said !!! Frown Mad Roll Eyes

posted
Hi William,
Wow, I should have kept at it. The buyer asked ebay to retract it and they refused, telling him to post a follow up to his neg feedback which is an appology, but did nothing to help my percentage that went from a 100% to 94%. Guess I don’t make ebay enough money Eek

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Ray; it was a complete disaster the day that Meg Whitman's EBay dropped the right of sellers to give bad buyers negative feedback,the biggest of many screw ups Meg Whitman introduced to eBay ,but not the only one for sure! I was called by eBay the other day for my opinions on what is wrong and what is right with their current setup. You can be assured I let them know in no uncertain terms how I felt on this very issue,not that it is likely to move the monster Eek Mad thanks to Ray for correcting my name memory lapse re Meg Whitman Big Grin the other Meg is one of my favorite actresses,Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra (born November 19, 1961), professionally known as Meg Ryan Smile

posted
That’s true Tom,
You do mean Meg “Whitman” right Smile.
I think you probably know that she is now running for California Governor. Shes pumped more of her money into the campaign than any other person in California history. Man I can’t wait to retire and leave this state Big Grin

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
She was also in charge when eBay was creating the false impression that it was growing it's business despite the recession. In fact what they were doing was raising the company's gross revenues not by growing the business,but by raising sellers fees,constantly gouging the sellers to increase the illusion of the growing profitable American corporation. How Enron like and dangerous is that??? As a stock I'd be amazed if it's really worth half it's market "cap"

posted
Well, hopefully she doesn’t drive this state into the mud. We are already dangerously close to the edge.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Greetings from your northern neigbour Ray: We in Ontario are blessed with Premier Dalton McGinty , who begrudged pennies to those on minimum wage , and gave huge wage increases to teachers and several other high paid groups,promised no tax increases while he was lying his way into power, converted our health system into a Liberal party partisan hackery, brought in the greatest tax increases in Ontario history, was promoting implementing sharia Law at one point, and did all this as Ontario was sinking into a morass of debt our grandchildren will be lucky to be able to pay off!!! So my friend you are sure not alone!!!! Frown Mad

posted
OK, back on topic.

Perhaps you could pass the last known email address for Sabina to the unfortunate buyers. the email address is pallada11@yandex.ru

Posts: 102 | Location: Houston, Texas in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2009
posted
scratch the email sent in the previous post. I did try to send her a message using this account and it was bounced with "no such user".

Although I did not have a bad outcome, just some stressfull waiting, I'm now writing her off for good at this point.