• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WALHAM P/WATCH WIT A GREAT INSCRIPTION "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi, I purchased this Full Hunter P/Watch in rolled gold on Sunday 5/06/11, I am not usually interested in this kind of watch but I had to have this one.
The watch itself works great.
Peter.

Posts: 9 | Location: Near Liverpool in the United Kingdom | Registered: May 17, 2011
posted
Hi Peter,
I like watches with a story as well, I have seen several of these, presented by different councils, to the members of the forces for exeptional sevices, but you must be aware, they are not military watches per se.

Regards

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Hi,
I understand that they are not military, but has a great history and this is what I like.I have lots of watches with interesting inscription,s and I personally think it adds to the watch.
One of my most interesting is a full hunter trench watch were a LT Colonel is presenting the watch to a Captain, both in the artillery, presented for a horse race held whilst in the trenches,GREAT.
Thanks Peter.

Posts: 9 | Location: Near Liverpool in the United Kingdom | Registered: May 17, 2011
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Great watch Peter.

Though not gov't issue, watches with military service inscriptions are well withing the scope of this forum and, as Werner noted, greatly appreciated.

BTW, it looks like a solid gold case. What brand is it?

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002