WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WWII, B-UHR Laco, Dienstuhr, Luftwaffe, Heer, Marine? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Dear People. Ask your opinion on the clock. What year? Why no digital numbers?

Posts: 18 | Location: Moscow, Russia Federation | Registered: April 15, 2011
posted
WW2?

posted
ww2 ?

posted
1940 ?

posted
ww2 ? Luftwaffe ?

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Close up inside case

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 478
posted
Hallo friends,
obviously this WWII wrist watch of the German Luftwaffe WWII was changed into a pocket watch by cutting off the lugs, turning the dial, adapting a pendent and repainting the case. Good work but not original!
As the movement looks untouched and the case inside has no watch no and no ref Fl 23883, the watch may not have left the factory and not been issued at the end of WWII.
If you dismount the movement you may see the traces of the lugs inside the case. This case change was often made after WWII, as a private you easier were this huge (55mm) watch in the pocket instead of on the wrist.
See here original Laco B-Uhren on two pages of my book Vol I.!
. Gruesse/Regards/Salute Konrad Knirim
PS: Have a look at my books on Military Timepieces:
. http://www.knirim.de

Posts: 85 | Location: Duesseldorf Germany | Registered: March 08, 2005
posted
I think that is is a shame that someone did that to this wristwatch - turning it into a pocketwatch. If someone is going to put to much work into a military timepiece I would have hoped that they would have tried to keep it as it should be instead of turning it into something it should not be.

Since the back is not marked, and since the data is not engraved in the box on the inside of the back I would go with Konrad's guess that the original wristwatch that this was made from was never issued by the factory. I might go a step further and suggest that this could even be something made up from spare parts.

Konrad's photos of the way this watch is supposed to look are excellent - I always admire his wonderful timepieces whenever I see them.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
A closeup of the inside casebacks of issued pieces!

They were stamped and not engraved!!!

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009