• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Military Horological Journals "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was hoping a fellow member could help me with locating copies of the following journal articles:

• Horological Journal of the British Horological Institute Dec. 2001
  • Bulletin No. 339 August 2002
  • Gary D. Nila: ‘Japanese Aviation Timepieces’ ‘Society of Military Horologists’ 1993
  • John. Mitchel, A Collection of WW II. Japanese Military Timepieces’‘Society of Military Horologists’ 1997.

Does the Society of Military Horologists still exist? Any advice on how I can obtain/access the Society's past information (newsletters etc) would be appreciated.

TIA
  •  
    Posts: 57 | Location: Geneva, Switzerland | Registered: April 27, 2010
    posted
    The only thing I got is a little book the national sold from there web site a few years ago called Military Timepieces of a special Exhibit at the National watch and clock museum the booklet was put together by the society of military horologist

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
    Administrative Assistant
    Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
    posted

Mike references a very good 48-page book titled "Military Timepieces" which was made available based upon a 2002 exhibit by the Society of Military Horologists. Shortly thereafter issues developed relating to that exhibit which unfortunately were never resolved, issues so serious that a year later the society not longer existed.

Prior to the beginnings of this forum Military Timepiece Discussions - EXCLUSIVE! Greg Crockett and Lindell V. Riddle had extensive conversations with those who served as officers of the former Military Timepieces Society. They had no interest in reorganizing or further participation in any manner. So, in order to help fill the void, we then launched our IHC185 Military Timepieces Forum and as you see it has been very successful.

Now to some good news about the book Mike recommended...

We have seen used copies of this very helpful book selling alone on eBay for over $35.00 but we here at IHC185 we have the only new and unused copies of "Military Timepieces" available. We will now make this item available to IHC185 Members as a two book offer which would include both "American Watchmaking" as well as the "Military Timepieces" for a total of $43.95 to any address in the world.

Use this link to our two book offer...

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...1042382/m/9911065382

Be sure to specify in your order that you want to purchase the "Military Timepieces" book in place of the "Dueber-Hampden" book. However, if you would like a "Three Book Offer" with all three books $54.95 is the price.

And as a service to IHC185 Members we are pleased to photocopy any article we have on-hand such as the "Bulletin 339" August 2002 issue. Let us know whenever we can be of assistance in your research, post your request on-site or contact me directly.

Dr. Deborah L. Irvine
    IHC Administrative Assistant
    Membership and Marts Coordinator

Contact eMail: ihc185@roadrunner.com

Smile

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
    posted
    Money sent via PayPal for both "American Watchmaking" and "Military Timepieces". thanks.

Administrative Assistant
    posted

Thanks Ken, we will get these out to you right away!

Anyone else who would like the same two books just follow the instructions I posted earlier in this topic. And thanks to Mike for making the suggestion.

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
    Picture of Richard Romero
    posted
    Dr. Debbie,
    I'm interested in all three books. Please let me know how much it will cost and how to go about it if it's possible.
    Thank you,
    RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
    Administrative Assistant
    posted

Good Idea Richard,

All three books, including "American Watchmaking" the "Springfield to Moscow" book on Dueber and Hampden as well as "Military Timepieces" for one price $54.95 to any IHC185 Member, remember there is a very limited amount of the "Military Timepieces" book but all three will be shipped new and unused to any address in the world. Use the same link and specify "Three Book Offer" on your check or use ihc185@roadrunner.com as the PayPal recipient.

Debbie

Smile

posted
    Dr. Debbie
    Money sent via PayPal for Three Book Offer.
    Thank you,
    RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
    IHC Member 478
    posted
    Hallo Ken,
    what you are obviously looking for is my article on
    Japanese Military Timepieces of WWII.
    - I did publish it in the Klassik Uhren (German), the British Horological Journal, the Bulletin and at least as an appendix in my book on British Military Timepieces.
    - The articles where I based some of my informations on of Gary D Nila and John Mitchel were never really published, only a copied manuscript for the members of the SMH.
    - The Society of Military Horologists is the actually not active chapter 143 of the national with former heads Dr. Huckaba and Ed Christiansen.
    - You can find my Japan article here in my website:
    http://www.knirim.de/zjapbul.pdf
    - But if you are really interested in Military Timepieces you cannot avoid buying my books:
    Vol I Militäruhren,German Military Timepieces
    Vol II British Military Timepieces
    You can contact me by konrad.knirim@t-online.de
    Greetings Konrad Knirim on Naxos/Greece
    www.knirim.de

Military Timepieces

Posts: 85 | Location: Duesseldorf Germany | Registered: March 08, 2005
    posted
    Many thanks Konrad. I'm waiting for you to release Volume III on US military timepieces Smile

IHC Member 1335
    Picture of Tom Brunton
    posted
    A Bertmar GSTP I bought tonight

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
    IHC Member 1335
    Picture of Tom Brunton
    posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
    IHC Member 1335
    Picture of Tom Brunton
    posted

posted
    The Three Book Offer set arrived very quick. Great books that are increasing my knowledge and interest in pocket watches.
    Thank you very much,
    Rich

posted
    Hi Debbie, I have sent the payment to the IHC185 Paypal account for the article you kindly photocopied.

thanks again, Ken

Administrative Assistant
    posted

Ken,

We received payment to cover the cost of shipping and also appreciate your generous donation to IHC185!

Thank you,

Debbie

Smile