Internet Horology Club 185
Announcing our new and exclusive "Military Timepieces Forum"

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/990103944/m/734100874

August 29, 2004, 17:54
Lindell V. Riddle
Announcing our new and exclusive "Military Timepieces Forum"

Announcing our new and exclusive "Military Timepieces Forum"...

We have asked Greg Crockett to serve as our Host and Moderator. I'm sure you've all been as impressed as I have with Greg's enthusiasm for and knowledge of Military Timepieces. Greg is a bright and friendly guy and I'm sure he'll do a great job of keeping the conversation flowing and showing us some very interesting items.

Like all our forums, this is your place to share what you have in your collection and ask questions about all the others that interest you. Let's all enjoy discussing this fascinating subject!

Sincerely,

Lindell V. Riddle, Founder and President
Internet Horology Club 185 at www.ihc185.org
Watch & Clock Discussions, On-Line Education Worldwide

Phone: 440-461-0167 weekday afternoons

eMail: ihc185@roadrunner.com

Wink
August 29, 2004, 19:38
Stephanie O'Neil
Greg, congratuations on the appointment as Moderator for Military Timepieces Forum.

I've always looked forward to reading your posts and will continue to as they are fascinating and interesting!

Stephanie O'Neil

August 29, 2004, 22:11
Stephen L. Russell
I hope to see some old Naval watches here...perhaps something from Commodore Nelson's era?The Battle of Trafalgar (21st October 1805)..that would be very cool to me!

Great addition!
August 30, 2004, 13:03
Greg Crockett
Thank you for the encouragement and opportunity to serve as your moderator.
A special thank you to Lindell for another excellent idea.

Welcome to the Military Timepieces Forum!

Military Timepieces have been rapidly increasing in popularity. Interests range from the rugged military style to the historical context in which they were used. In recent years there have been several excellent publications which have increased the ability of collectors to translate the codes found on these timepieces and thus unlock the history of these artifacts. The intent of this forum is to expand the historical and technical knowledge of these interesting relics in an accessible format.

What’s included in this forum?

Military watches, clocks, aircraft and vehicle clocks, navy clocks, stop watches, chronographs and so forth. Civilian timepieces used by military men, such as watches with an inscription to a person in the military. An additional category would include timepieces made as souvenirs for soldiers such as those depicting the head of state of a nation at war, watch fobs, and so forth. Older or newer - if the subject is horological and related to the military or warfare this is the place for it.

Best regards,

Greg Crockett
August 31, 2004, 03:26
John D. Duvall
Thanks Greg for volunteering to be moderator for such an important forum. This forum will be invaluable for all who love military horology.
August 31, 2004, 06:05
Brian C.
Greg,
Great to have you as moderator of Military Timepieces.
Brian C.
August 31, 2004, 18:07
Phil Dellinger
Greg,

Welcome aboard!

It will probably be very amazing to see how many military timepieces show up in this forum.

Enjoy the ride!!