Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Russian Aircraft Clock ACHS1 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have just bought one of these clocks.
Does anybody have (or can provide links to)operating instructions? The buttons are multifunctional, but may not be fully functional, nothing seems to get the bottom dial in motion for instance.
Similarly are there instructions anywhere as to how does one get into (and maintain) the clock?
Thanks.

Peter

Posts: 110 | Location: Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK | Registered: June 03, 2006
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted

Noted author Konrad Knirim was kind enough to provide me with this page from a German Bund airforce manuel. As Konrad noted:

"As we took over the GDR airforce with some Mig 29, the BUND Luftwaffe had to handle the equipment!"

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Thanks Greg, would Konrad have a copy for sale?

Regards,

Peter

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Peter,

I don't know if he has any for sale. This is Konrad's website in case you would like to check with him:

KONRAD KNIRIM'S SITE

Good luck,
Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Thanks Greg

posted
Peter,

If you haven't already gotten specific instructions for your clock:

The bottom left knob -
Winds the mainspring (anti-clockwise)
Sets the main clock hands (pull to set)
Starts the upper chronograph clock (minutes and hours)- push to start, push again to stop. push again to reset
The indicator in the top subdial goes red when running, red/white when stopped, and white when reset.

The bottom right knob:
Starts and stops the entire clockworks (anti-clockwise to start, clockwise to stop)
Starts, stops and resets the lower chronograph clock (minutes and seconds) by pushing as in the other chrono.

Nice clocks! I have one on my bench.

Bruce

Posts: 1 | Location: Seattle, Washington USA | Registered: April 07, 2007
posted
I have one dated 1953.

Stamped on the back.

Posts: 74 | Location: Redondo Beach, California USA | Registered: July 12, 2006