• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Marlboro US Army stop watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a stop watch with "Marlboro/Ordnance Department/U.S. Army" on its face and "Class A/This Watch is/The Property of/The United States/No. A-3356" on the reverse. The movement is a seven jewel Nicolet bearing the number A-3364. I cannot find any mention of a Marlboro except for a WWII ordnance depot in England. Can anybody shed some light on this watch? More pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/sp...roMilitaryStopWatch#

Marlboro face

Posts: 33 | Location: Charleston, South Carolina in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2010
posted
Only thing I can tell is the movement is swiss made.Might of been bought by the US Army in WW2 easy to order stuff from a near by country durring a war.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
I found this February 2005 auction on the web:
SP 57 7 Jewel Nicolet Rare Ordinance Department U. S. Army Split Second Timer, 16 Size, Base Metal Open Face, Stem Set, C. 1930s: This rare average white porcelain dial is signed "Marlboro Ordinance Dept. U. S. Army." The split center sec. hands are activated from the pendant and a side push button. A 30-min. register tops the dial which is marked with 1/5-sec. calibrations. The movt. is signed "A. Nicolet Swiss 7 Jewels 1 Adj. It comes in a beautiful mint case which is inscribed "This Watch Is The Property Of The United States" on the back cover. $155.00 (Click here to view photo)

Nicolet stop watch

Posts: 33 | Location: Charleston, South Carolina in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2010