WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Longines Cal. 19.41 Need help with dial and indicator "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I have a longines pocket watch? that does not have a second hand but does what it look like it has a wind indicator. Any thoughts comments.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Another shot of the dial side.

IHC Life Member
posted
#

IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Life Member
posted
The dial is no help because some one replaced the original. The watch is about 16sz.

IHC Life Member
posted
I might of found out what it is. Longines

I think some one might of butchered it up. They cut off the seconds pinion. Installed the wrong dial. So it looks like a big project. It needs a mainspring, center jewel, seconds pinion, correct dial,and a case. WOW Eek Mad Just what I need another project. CHRIS I cant fix the pinion .

Example shown in current eBay auction...

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
lovely piece,Eugene,splendid project and well worthwhile tackling the job of restoration,and how many eight day wind indicators have we seen??? Confused Eek

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
If any one knows where there is a dial Like the one pictured above let me know. This will be the hardest thing to find. OR fix. Werner do you have any leads on a dial.

posted
That movement looks to be very high quality which is nice, but from your description it sounds like someone was not so nice to it at some point in its life. That one that is for sale on Ebay from the guy in Russia (warning, Will Robinson) appears to have had its dial repainted with some kind of modern lume. Radium would have burnt out the zinc sulfide (the material mixed with the radium that is powered by the radioactivity and that glows) by now and oxidized it to a brownish color that no longer glows even though the radium is still going at full strength. The paint on the numbers and hands of that one appear to be yellow green on my monitor which is not the way it should look. Hopefully that is all that is not original on that one.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
As stated earlier that I can not fix the broken pinion on the 4th wheel. So I'm going to send it off to Chris to see if he can wave his magic wand over the watch and get it back into working condition. I know someone that can make me a dial. Because this will be the hardest thing to find. It will not be original. But as close as it gets to saving this watch. PS Don't tell Chris that the dial will not be original. Big Grin

Just kidding. It is packaged and will go out Monday.

IHC Life Member
posted
Do you know where I can get the gear train for the wind indicator?

Posts: 4 | Location: Fountain Valley, California USA | Registered: March 27, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Steve how complete is you watch. Dial case?

IHC Life Member
posted
It is complete and running- the dial matches the holes for all the hands but the feet did not match the holes in the watch. The feet were broken when I purchased it, so it is being held with dial feet ( double sided sticky pads)

It is running about 1-2 minutes per week fast.

Posts: 4 | Location: Fountain Valley, California USA | Registered: March 27, 2006
posted
I have an identical watch, but the dial is marked Tiffany and it doesn't have a seconds bit, just the 8 day dial indicator. Mines a 3.8 million serial number.
I need a stem for mine, and I just checked Borel, and they don't list a 19.41 model.
Anyone have a source for a stem?
Thank you,

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: March 06, 2012
posted
Excuse me: I need a little help....!

I am looking ofr Longines Caliber 19.41 parts and paticularly balance spring/Whel/full set...

Coudl you help me please? Does it exist in USA or Canada a watchmaker specialized in vintage clocks parts?

I wait for kind infos..

Many and many thanks giulio from Europe

Posts: 2 | Location: Genoa in Italy | Registered: January 19, 2013
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Hello Giulio,

Welcome to our IHC185 Discussion Site.

At this time you are a registered user. We invite you to become an IHC185 Member by

Joining and Supporting the Internet Horology Club 185™

When you become an IHC185 Member you can then advertise items that you wish to buy in our...

"WANTED TO BUY OR TRADE" HOROLOGICAL ITEMS

IHC185 Management only permits sales in our BUY AND SELL HERE, THE IHC185™ TRADING MART venue as this is part of our "Members Only" feature.

We look forward to you becoming a full member,

Debbie

Smile

Dr. Deborah L. Irvine
IHC Administrative Assistant
Membership and Marts Coordinator

Contact eMail: ihc185@roadrunner.com

Smile

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002