Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hitler's watch!!!! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello,

All of us have spotted hundreds of Hitler's pics during the years looking for to see if Hitler wore a wrist watch but nobody ever reported any proof of that

The many pics of him always show a watchless wrist!

Surely it looked strange that such personality didnt somehow relyied on a watch for his multiple tasks during the day nor it can believed that he was given time by third parties.

While doing researches on magazines of the middle part of last century i came across this pic out of a weekly wellknown and common Italian magazine of January !950.

It shows the foundings in one of the Hilter's houses in Munich after the war.

top left to right :
Hitler's natural-born citizenship certificate (Heimat Schein)
top Center:
Hitler's father and mother's pics
lower left:
Hitler's number 1 I.D. card of Nazist party with his pic
right:
Hitler's appointment to Reich's president, signed by Hindenburg, under the three swastika pins.
center:
a gold pocket watch and numerous gold eagle pins
lower center:
A Waffen schein issued to A. Hitler

various other personal documents of him lie around.

The watch is in a velvet lined box with the markings of a local German seller shop at least this is what it seems , name seems Schumann or something like that, dial is unreadable but is dual color white and gold, small seconds at 6'00 and Breguet type hands.

This relics were valued 180k DM in the 50' and probably auctioned at the time or maybe still in possession of the German Bund, that is not known at moment.

I found no proof that they were considered fakes.

This anyhow shows why Hitler never showed a wristhingych, he used a pocket watch!

A mistery is solved!

rgds

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
An interesting post, Enzo. Alot of men of the World War One generation found pocket watches more to their liking.

As a head of state, Adolphus must have had several watches. Maybe even a few gifts from corporations, cronies, and diplomats seeking contracts and favors.

However, the authentication of such relics would be difficult and controversial. There are alot of fake Hitler relics around.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Considering this article was written only 5 years after the 'event' of the end of WW2, would there have been as many fakes then as we are seeing today?

From what I've been told in the past by veterans, they couldn't GIVE away nazi momentos like this (with the exception of battle flags and the like) so close to the end of the war. To many bad memories. Later on that thought process did a 180, but that soon after the war, that was not the case.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
But Hitler was not just another Nazi.

My point was that if we had a watch attributed to Hitler, TODAY, it would be hard to authenticate it. It would have been a little easier five years after the event.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
True enough it would be hard to authenticate such a watch today.

I recall in some of my reading that Hitler did indeed favor a pocket watch, but rarely consulted it due to a phobia or neurotic "fear of time" or some such. Yes- he had a multitude of "issues" in modern parlance.

I believe the source for that was his valet Heinz Linge, in one of the books("The Bunker", maybe?) about the final days of the regime.

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
posted
Hello All,

i imagined that this pic would create some turmoil for a reason or another but the reason why i posted it is because i was sure that people who collect watches would be happy to know why in the thousands of Hitler' pics a wrist watch never appeared just for historical facts ....I have seen pics of all Hitler's collaborators and officers with wrist watches on and i been wondering for years why none of Hitler.

Naturally the fact that a pocket watch was found in his relics , if authentic, doesnt mean that he ever carried a watch with him but at least gives some kind of explanation and personally I am satisfied .

I also tend to believe that these relics could be authentic for the reason you mentioned above and because there are too many documents and personal papers associated that it would be too difficult to falsify and also at the time there was less interest to do that then now. Anyhow i agree that it has to be handled with reserves.

The article reports that were found in a house of Hitler in Munich but also says that they are only a part of what has been found without giving any additional infos.

It would be interesting to investigate whether the German Gvmt has ever been made aware of the above findings and if they hold these somewhere but that is beyond my possibilities...( it dates Jan 1951)

Anyhow many thanks for your comments and best regards!

enzo

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Very good, Greg. I totally understand your point now.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002