• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Model 23 pocket watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

Here is a Hamilton Model 23 navigational stopwatch,16 size,16 jewel,3 position,Type AN5742-1.Used by the Army Air force,US Navy's bureau of Aeronautics,and the Air Council of the United Kingdom in WW2.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
HI Mike, I have a model 23 also but after seeing your outstanding pictures I wouldn't dare posting mine (they all look the same,anyway).

The s/n of mine is P20707 and I was not able to find out the year of manufacturing. It almost certainly never saw military duty since it appears to be brand new (kind of surplus,I guess).
Yours, on the other hand, on account of the low s/n, almost certainly was used during the last world war and, to my eyes, is more valuable.

I really appreciated the picture of the 23 attached to the Octant, thank you for posting it.

Regards
Peter

Posts: 192 | Location: Vicenza in Italy | Registered: February 04, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
It is very interesting that the Hamilton model 23 was only one of the nav watches made to that specification as attested to by my Breitling and Hamiltons. btw Mike I knew a Jim and Judy Sandell in during the 1950's in Minnesota, any relation?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
David nice pair of watches I don't have a Breitling yet.The only thing wrong with mine is some body took the military marking off other wise it looks mint they proberly stole it when in the military and did not want to get cought.And the next time I talk to my Dad I will ask about the Minnesota connection if any.When I retired from the Military I got a Cerificate of commendation from Minnesota when Jesse Ventura was gov. he was a ex seal so one of the guys from the unit contacted his office and got these for sailors retiring.I think it's cool got it hanging on the wall with all my other military stuff I got when in the military.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Hi,,

Here's my model 23 I just purchased from Ebay. This is the first time I've attempted at posting a photo so I hope it works.

HJH

Posts: 132 | Location: Warren, Oregon in the USA | Registered: May 28, 2008
posted
Post some more photo's when you are done working on it I would like to see how it looks when completed.I wish I was better at working on my own stuff.