WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Looking for a second hand for a Military Hamilton cir 1978 wrist watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A good buddy from another forum gave me this Hamilton Gen. Purpose MIL-W-46374B wrist watch and it's missing the second hand so if you have a spare second hand for this type of watch I would like to buy it if you have one to spare.
Thanks mike

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
If you know what it is supposed to look like and what size, color, etc. it would be helpful. A picture of the correct hand would be great.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
posted
Roger here is a photo from a book I have.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
I went thru my hand collection and didn't find a match. I did find a hand with a red triangular tip that is 1/2" long. It doesn't extend past the center. Kind of looks like this. o------>

If you think it would help I'd be happy to mail it to you.

Roger

posted
Roger
Here is my email m.sandell@sbcglobel.net Email me for my address I will give the hand a try and let me know the cost.
Thanks Mike

IHC Life Member
posted
In the mail Mike...Good Luck.

Roger

posted
Roger thanks.

posted
Hi Roger. It is hard to tell without seeing it, but your description of your second hand with the red triangular tip sounds like it is from a MIL-W-46374F or perhaps a MIL-PRF-46374G which is are modern issue Marathon wrist watches. Here is a copy of an up close photo of one that is posted over at the Broadarrow forum.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Jim, The hand I sent Mike is different than the one you pictured. It is more like a 60, 60, 60 triangle tip and there is no extension past the center point. I have no idea what it fits and I'm sure it isn't the correct hand for the watch, but maybe it will work and look OK. If it does, maybe Mike can post a pic.

Roger

posted
Here the watch with Roger's hand.When I got this watch it was beat up.A active duty Master Chief from another forum gave it to me that's one thing good about forums at one I was given this watch at no cost it did not work you would wind it and nothing all most thought it was a lost cause ask for a hand at this forum and Roger gave me one.Well had it service and the hand put on.And it don't look bad it work's great it's not the correct hand but a hand is better than none at all and I think it looks good.And thanks again Roger.

IHC Life Member
posted
You are very welcome Mike. I'm glad it worked out for you and I could give you a 'hand'. Big Grin

posted
Roger I took a better shot.

posted
Here is some good info I found about this watch.
http://home.earthlink.net/~exr...foPages/W46374B.html

posted
Mike,

I just joined the group and was searching references to this watch. I have one but unfortunately no extra seconds bit.

What really caught my was the Ol' Pro logo behind the watch. Did you serve on her. I had the great privilege of driving that ship from 1986 - 88.

Paul Middents
Capt, USN (Very Retired)

Posts: 7 | Location: Silverdale and Copalis Beach, WA | Registered: March 01, 2010
posted
Paul
She was the first ship I was on.Served on her from 1980-1982 then went to the USS Mauna Kea that was my active duty.Then went into the reserve until I retired in 2002.I was in second div I guess you could say I was a deck ape we had a base ball team in guam and that what it was called.You know they took her out of the moth ball fleet and sank her there was a lot of history on that ship it was there at the surrender in Tokyo bay for the end of WW2.The only ship in the fleet that had a periscope on the bridge that was not a sub.Out of the two ships I was on it was the one I liked the best.And welcome to the forum.And I looked up a web page about the old pro and you were in command of the ship that what I thought you said in your post.