Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Odd WWII Luftwaffa Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted

This little clock has an "FL" number and a wristwatch movt. Do you suppose it's from an aircraft camera?

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
I think someone like Konrad would know for sure. It does remind me of the U.S. ones that Whitney shows in the 'Instrument Watches' section that starts on page 243 of his book.

This brings to mind a question I have long had - have you ever come across any references to all of the FL numbers and what exactly they signify?

By the way, I think there is a typo in your title - it should be spelled Luftwaffe.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Jim,

Given my Luftwaffe typo, I'm not sure if Konrad will bother with me any more Wink

I'll have to check into the existance of a master FL number list. As you know, FL numbers are found on various other items of Luftwaffe flight equipment, so the list may be rather long.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Hi Greg,Jim

here is the answer provided by Sig about the clock.

http://germanwatch.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=gene...ay&thread=1187902972

Re the FL Specs they are printed in booklets (8 ?) in numerical sequential order and issue date , showing the sketch of the item , Mfg and some general charateristics, sometimes they appear on Ebay.de, if you need to see one i can post a pic.

Just a few FL listed in this link to get an idea...(the above clock is in there...)

http://gunsight.jp/b/english/data/FL-e.htm

rgds

Enzo

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Thank you Enzo and Sig.

Had I not been so lazy, I would have done a dual posting of my own on the German Military Watch sight.

Sig confirmed my suspicion that it was a camera clock, and noted that it is fitted with a urofa58 movement.

Enzo, I apprciate the FL number information.

Best regards,
Greg