WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can Anyone Tell Me About My Poljot Marine Chronometer? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I acquired this about 10 years ago, but never really researched it. Can anybody tell me about it? The serial # is 14601, and has the same number on the signature next to the chain winding. It's still in extremely mint condition and runs perfectly. Unfortunately I don't have the papers for it, so I know very little.

Posts: 2 | Location: Seattle, Washington in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2011
posted
Do you have a picture of the movement?

From what I can tell, it looks like a standard Russian chronometer, made by Poljot (i.e. made by Moscow First Watch Company). They are the same makers of Kirova chronometers as well.

As for dating this, the movement might give a clue, as sometimes these will have stamped on the inside 67-3 which would mean 3rd quarter of 1967, not March 1967.

It is a nice piece you have there, I don't have a Poljot myself, but I thought that the inside felt was red on these, but I might be wrong on that. It is red on my two Kirovas.

Posts: 102 | Location: Houston, Texas in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2009
posted
The only stamp on the movement is the serial number 14601 next to the company stamp.

Posts: 2 | Location: Seattle, Washington in the USA | Registered: September 26, 2011