Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton model 22 "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Skip Glascock
posted
I just purchased a Hamilton model 22 and am confused about the serial number. The serial number is 2F24928, but it is marked 1943. From what I have read in this group that number seems really high.

Can anyone shed any light on the serial number.

Thanks

Skip

Posts: 240 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: August 26, 2011
posted
i recently acquired several model 22 deck chronometers.one has the s.n.2F24541 on the movement.

Posts: 14 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: December 25, 2012
Picture of Skip Glascock
posted
As I have recently learned that seems to indicate a production date well after the end of the war. Mine was produced 3/19/1948. Have you posted any pictures of your model 22's? Do they have both wood boxes? Are they gimbaled? Are you going to sell them?

Skip

Posts: 240 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: August 26, 2011
posted
hi skip,i will be posting pictures of several model 22's in the near future(I've got to get some help from a friend down loading the images etc.my 22's are the deck chronometer type. they are not gimbals.when i obtained them they came to me in the Hamilton factory sealed cardboard shipping boxes.i broke the seal on one of them,so i could inspect it. inside the shipping box was a model 22 that had serial numbers on the back base plate that exactly matched the s.n. on the label on the shipping box.the watch is housed in the standard mahogany wood box with green felt and a plexiglass viewport.the watches are new,never been used mint condition.i will be posting several for sale at auction in the near future.i am a novice concerning horology.i am sure ihc 185 members such as jim hester or greg crockett can be helpful to you regarding information on your model 22.

Posts: 14 | Location: Florida in the USA | Registered: December 25, 2012