Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Information on WW1 era watch bands "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Greg,
Here's some information on the WW1 era watch bands you asked about... I hope that I was able to upload this correctly... Here is an advertisement showing these watches for sale. The interesting thing about this is that when the watch was sold with these wide leather bands they were called "Kitchner Bands". I have a Gruen WW1 "Watch Kit" complete with box, papers and watch with shrapnel guard. In there they have the directions to show the soldier how to sew on their canvas "Liberty" watch band. I will try and get some pictures of that later... Oh well let's see if this works...

Posts: 98 | Location: Oviedo, Florida USA | Registered: June 13, 2005
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
It worked exceptionally well, John, thanks!

Kitchner watch band, I think I have one - I wonder how it got that name?

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
A band of the Kitchner style.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
The watch on the band is a Signal Corps Tissot:

posted
Greg,
Wow!!! Very nice indeed!! You should have your bezel tomorrow or Thursday... Thanks for the pic's...
Take Care
John

Posts: 98 | Location: Oviedo, Florida USA | Registered: June 13, 2005
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Hi John. As noted on the watch repair board, thank you for the use of your bezel!

There is a new thread on Signal Corps wire lug watches, which will save this thread for WWI bands.

Best regards,
Greg