Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Model 21 Ships Chronometer fusee chain "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Can anyone tell me if parts for a Hamilton Model 21 Ships Chronometer are available. I am mainly looking for the fusee chain at this time.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
GREETINGS TOM, YOU CAN PURCHASE FUSSE CHAIN FROM SEVERAL BRITISH COMPANYS, I AM A MEMBER OF THE B.H.I. AND IF YOU WANT I WILL CHECK ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR YOU. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Eddie

Thanks for the offer, I was curious if these could be bought. I don't have the Model 21 I was considering making an offer on one that needs repair but 1st I was trying to get an idea of the cost.

Tom

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Eddie

Never mind about looking, I am not going to buy the chronometer after all, after speaking to Chris Abell about it & talking to the owner the price he is asking is not worth the cost of repairs.

Thanks for everyone's time.

Tom

Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
I would recommend Larry Crutsinger www.militarywatchmuseum.com also at email Detent21@aol.com

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
posted
Matthew is right I got a set bridge for my Hamilton model 22 from him and at a good price.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Thanks

I emailed him to see what the chain would cost. Still probably won't go after it but it is nice to know who a supplier of parts it.

Tom

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
They do have the fusee chain @ $100 each.

Tom