Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

JUNGHANS KM MESSAGE CENTER CLOCK "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
HALLO EVRBDY,
I JUST WANT TO POST THIS KM HOPING NOBODY WILL BE OFFENDED OTHERWISE I WILL REMOVE IT.
RGDS

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
Enzo first of, welcome to Ch 185.And that,s a nice clock, i am a Kreigs marine fan, i like them alot.
Thanks for sharing this clock with us. Smile
Enzo this clock does not offend here, people are here to learn from other people and their collections.

posted
HI KEVIN,
TNKS FOR YOUR WELCOME AND YOUR COMMENT ON THE CLOCK , I AM GLAD I FOUND A FAN OF THE KM AS I TOOK SOME TIME TO RESTORE IT AND INFACT I TOUGHT I SHOULD SHOW IT.. AS SOON I FINISH ANY OTHER PROJECT (LUFTWAFFE TOO)I WILL POST IT .
RGDS

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Nice clock Enzo, is there a date inside?

Thanks for the post.

Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
HI GREG,
TNKS, NO,NO DATE INSIDEBUT BY THE GRAYNESS OF THE CASE MUST BE A LATE ONE, WHAT DO YOU THINK, ALSO THE INNER INGED CUP OF THE INSIDE IS SOME KIND OF GRAY SILVERISH BAKELITE/PLASTIC, IT IS NOT METALBUT ALL ORIGINAL, NO ANY GUESS OF DATING IT...
RGDS

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Yes, it would be late war with a painted case. The one I have is the more common army issue with a painted case and it is dated 1943.

How is it to find military watches and clocks in Italy? I was there a few years ago, and I had some luck at the Sunday bazars (the one is Roma is BIG!). But even though I was in Italy, it was the Russians who were selling most of the old military things.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
HI GREG,
I AM GLAD YOU VISITED PORTA PORTESE SUNDAY MARKET AND YES IT IS HUGE! THERE ARE PARTS OF THIS MARKET WERE W/M'S MEET, SWAP AND SELL, NEXT TIME YOU COME LET ME KNOW, THE LEVEL OF EXCHANGES HAS BEEN HIGH IN THE PAST AND A LITTLE LESS NOW AND AS YOU PROBABLY KNOW WE HAVE HAD IN USE WITH THE IT A/F, NAVY AND IN OTHER CORPS QUITE A NUMBER OF SERVICE WATCHES AND P/W,SOME OF VERY HIGH QUALITY SUCH AS ZENITH, UNIVERSAL, PANERAI, HEUER ETC BUT THEY ARE VERY LITTLE KNOWN ABROAD ALTHOUGH SOME OF THEM ARE AWSOME AND IN THAT MARKET THERE ARE CHANCES TO GET ACROSS SOME
IF YOU PEOPLE HAVE INTEREST IN THEM I MAY POST SOME IN THE FUTURE AND GIVE A LITTLE HISTORY JUST BECAUSE I STARTED FROM THEM AND I KNOW THEM IN DEEP.
I WANT ALSO THANKS FOR HOISTING AND I WILL BE GLAD TO READ YOU ON THE GERMANMILITARYWATCH AS NOW MY GREAT INTEREST IS IN GERMAN WATCHES
RGDS

posted
Ciao Enzo,
Benvenuto! The clock is very nice. Do you have photos of the movement or restoration process?
Pete Belmonte

La mia famiglia sono di Cosenza. Tutti hanno viaggiato agli Stati Uniti cent' anni fa. Ho visitato a Calabria in 1995. Sorry for the poor Italian writing.

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004
posted
CIAO PETER,
PIACERE DI SENTIRTI! ANCH'IO HO UN AMICO CHE SI CHIAMA BELMONTE, CALABRESE ANCHE LUI.... PURTROPPO NON AVEVO LA CAMERA QUANDO HO INZIATO IL RESTAURO MA L'OROLOGIO ERA MOLTO ROVINATO MA CON PAZIENZA E MOLTI SOLDI IO PERSONALMENTE L' HO RIPARATO,

NO, IL TUO ITALIANO E' ECCELLENTE... POI FAREMO PROGRESSI..!
CIAO

posted
Enzo,
Ho capito tutti!! Ci sono molti gente con il cognome Belmonte in Calabria. Mi piaciano i cognomi italiani -- mui interessante.
Are you a clockmaker by trade? It looks like you have done a nice restoration on this piece. Do you work on watches, too?
Pete / Pietro

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004
posted
PIETRO,
SI, BELMONTE SIGNIFICA NICE MOUNTAIN E LI IN CALABRIA CI SONO MOLTE MONTAGNE BELLE,
BRAVO CHE HAI CAPITO TUTTO MA ORA PARLIAMO UN PO' INGLESE SE NO NON CAPISCE NESSUNO,
YES I DID THE RESTORATION MYSELF, THE CLOCK WAS IN REALLY BAD SHAPE, I RELUMED THE DIAL WHO HAD LOST THE ORIGINAL AND REWORKED THE MOVEMENT WHICH WASN'T TOO BAD, I HAD ONLY TO REINSTALL THEBAL STAFF, FORTUNATELY I HAVE TOO MUCH PARTS OF THIS MOVEMENT WHICH IS THE JUNGHANS 30E , A VARIATION OF THE AIRCRAFT CLOCK 30BZ, THE I REINSTALLED EVERYTHING INTO THE CASE WHICH WASN'T BAD TOO AND HERE IT IS, I LIKE AND I UNDERSTOOD YOU TOO.....!
I AM NOT A WACHMAKER BY TRADE, I JUST LEARNT IN THE PAST FEW YEARS, I AM ONLY AN ENTHUSIAST AND YOU? W/M?
RGDS

posted
Enzo,
I would be interested in seeing some of the Italian Air Force watches. Do you have any current issue items?
As for me, I am teaching myself watchmaking -- using books and on-line resources (such as this group). Also, about once a week I go to a retired watchmaker who still does trade work, and I observe him and talk to him. My goal is to do this for a living, full or part time (or at least to supplement my Air Force retirement).
Ciao,
Pete

posted
PETE,
GOOD ENOUGH, I WILL POST SOME PICS SOON, MAYBE TONIGHT I MAY POST THE ZENITH CHRONO USED BY THE ITALIAN AAIRFORCE PILOTS IN THE 60' FLYING ON THE F104S STARFIGHTERS AND THE AEROBATIC TEAM, BUT I SUSPECT THAT I WILL NEED TO POST MANY PIC OOF THE OTHERS BECAUSE, BELIEME , THEY ARE MANY....
I WISH YOU A LGOOD GEARING UP AND SUCCESS IN YOUR NEW W/M VENTURE!RGDS

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Enzo,

Post a pic of the movement! Big Grin

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Hi Frank,

i will, give me sometime, as you can imagine i have the desk full of stuff, unless you need it in hurry, can i ask you what you have in mind?
rgds

posted
Hallo,

here are the requested pics,
the left shown mainspring barrel is centered on the post in the back,
tnks rgds

posted

posted

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Hi Enzo, Thank you for going through the trouble to take appart and make images of the insides of your Krigsmarine clock.

These clocks are interesting. The dial is not on the back of the pilar plate, as it is on most other watches and small cocks.

Best regards,
Greg

posted
Thanks Enzo for posting the pictures and taking the clock apart to show the movement.Nice clock Kriegs marine are on my wish list.
Thanks for sharing. Smile

posted
Very nice clock... one that has eluded me so far congratulations. The inner case I believe to be of Zinc? Concerning the Italien collectors markets, perhaps you can help me with something I am looking for a Panerai winding crown which are apparently still available in Italy from time to time

Posts: 132 | Location: London/London/England | Registered: December 13, 2004
posted
HALLO,
TNKS TO ALL AND FINALLY THE KM IS BACK AGAIN ASSEMBLED AND KEEPING TIME BETTER THAN A QUARTZ! YOU KNOW JUNGHANS....!
THANKS FOR POSTING YOUR WANDERFUL PANERAI AND FOR SURE I WILL CHECK AROUND TO SEE IF AVAILABLE,
RGDS