WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

U.S.A.A.C. Hamilton G-974 Special Type A-9 (prototype?) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
This is a Hamilton G-974 Special U.S.A.A.C. Type A-9, Navigation Master Watch, possibly a prototype. It has a side hacking mechanism.

Posts: 101 | Location: San Antonio, Texas in the USA  | Registered: July 25, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Caseback...

Posts: 101 | Location: San Antonio, Texas in the USA  | Registered: July 25, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Picture of the side hacking lever.

posted
James, very nice. I don't think I have seen this model with a stop/hack feature before.
Regards,
Ernie

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
JAMES
Interesting watch thanks for posting it. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I'm impressed. You have some rare and interesting watches. Could we see an image of the movement?

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, I don't have apicture of the movement with and the watch is back at my home in Texas. I'll try and get a good picture of it when I'm back next time. I am only speculating when I say it might be a possible prototype. The TIME LABORATORY stamping suggests (to me anyway) that it was made for and used in some sort of a test or maybe as a prototype of some sort. I find it strange that the MFG ASSY DWR No. is 0. Also, the SPEC. No. starts out with and X-27783. I've never seen another like it before but have seen a Longines with this type of side hacking lever.

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
James, I seem to recall that for other types of equipment, a contract number starting with an X indicated experimental items.

Thanks for this and your other fine posts.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002