• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Aussie Diggers IN Action WW2 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
These photos are taken from the New Guninea Victory, printed for the troops. This is my own personal copy, i have take a few of our boys with Watches on. Francis

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
Diggers in Action

posted
More

posted
Once again

posted
Melbourne Cup Day, showing the fuzzy fuzzie how to bet,

posted
more pics

posted
last one

posted
Thanks Francis for sharing the photos of Aussie soldiers. In another thread Enzo posted the following image of Australian tank troops setting their watches (WWII, Syria).

And here's a Vietnam War photo of Aussies:

Posts: 57 | Location: Geneva, Switzerland | Registered: April 27, 2010
posted
I thought that I had added these under Enzo thread but when i had finished they were in there own. Yes they are aussie for sure. Wearing the rising SUN on there hats...

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Interesting assortment of images. At least one Aussie seems to have a wristwatch with a cover over it.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Francis : WW1,WW2,Korea,East Timor ,Afghanistan, Iraq,whenever and wherever their country or the UN calls , the Diggers are "ready,aye ready" to answer the call and rise to the moment !! Advance Australia Fair !!! And as well a full heroes salute to her amazing fighting men and women. And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda- ever so reverently and ever so sweetly,to their very great honour !!!

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
@ Greg, yes, alot of them used to have covers on the WW, that is the reason why i didnt put them up as you couldnt see what make there are... Tom a lot of our family were in Africa, WW1&2, Vietman, Cambodia....

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
to all of them Francis my very deepest respects. 14 of my family went to war in WW2, only 11 came back, so I'm a great admirer of those who serve. Only because of them do we have democracies to live in Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted

A few bits of WWII Australian militaria: The revolver was one of around 350 produced in Sydney from 1941 till about 1943 by Howards Auto Cultivators. A 1945 military issue cigaret lighter, and (to keep this horological) a timepiece from an Australian military wireless set.

The back of the wireless set timepiece.

Markings on the cigaret lighter.

In the background is an Australian helmet dated 1942 along with a bayonet for the Owen submachine gun.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted

Fill your mugs and charge your glasses; To the ANZAC's!

posted
WOW awesome Greg,nice collection. alas i do not have any australian time pieces, i do have the tea cups sets issued in ww1&2... plus many badges and pins, the banonet i will never forget as i was stabbed with one many years back. Anyways long story......i am still here that is the main thing..

posted
Speaking as a US military veteran, I always appreciate the support of Australia and her armed forces.
Pete Belmonte

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004