WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Looking for information regarding ATC marked watches. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
I've recently been able to find a few US military issued pocket watches and one wristwatch that had been reissued to civilian transport pilots of the Air Transport Command or it's predecessor the Ferrying Command. I am in the process of gathering info for an article and need to know if anyone else has seen or collected watches such as these. The pocket watches that I have and have seen are marked PAAF (Pan American Air Ferries), PAAA (Pan American Airways Africa), UAL (United Air Lines) and EAL (Eastern Air Lines) sometimes with a serial number, sometimes not. The watches range from 1930s USAAC/BU. AER. U.S. NAVY Elgins to a very early Elgin Type A-13. I am sure it is just a coincedence but so far all of the pocket watches have been Elgins. The wristwatch is a Hamilton G-987S with no previous military markings and is marked ATC XXX. Any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James D.

p.s. If you are not familiar with the ATC here is a website with info....

http://ibiblio.org/hyperwar/AAF/VII/AAF-VII-1.html

Posts: 101 | Location: San Antonio, Texas in the USA  | Registered: July 25, 2006
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Interesting. I look forward to learning more about it.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002