Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Longines US Army "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
thought I would post this, great watch I just picked up, original sterling sliver case, interesting no case screws nor any marks, can only assume never had any.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
It is anice movement. Is there a reason why you believe that the case is original? The contracts to buy these GCTs required the case backs to be fully marked.

Posts: 871 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Jim,

The case back is marked, "cased and timed in the USA, by Longines, Sterling silver" case serial numbers match back and body,there are no case screw marks to be found on the outer case body, it is held in place by a single case screw on lower plate that has a case screw mark and no others, there is also a movement to case body locating pin all original cut out, I see nothing to make me believe this is not the original case, This came from a long time military watch collector, there is some of the original swirl pattern on the case back very faint.