• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Benrus Vietnam Era Military Watch Information "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
picked up this watch recently, anyone know anything about it, has a date of MAY 1969 on it, I am assuming it is a benrus vietnam military watch. It is 17 jewels and has the hack set feature, I know that much. What is it worth and are these good reliable watches. Is this something I want to wear and enjoy on my wrist or should this be put away and preserved properly?

Would like to know everything about this watch that any of you have to offer.

By the way this is my frist post here, glad to be here, have been reading a lot and posting very little.

Posts: 2 | Location: Tucson, Arizona in the USA | Registered: December 22, 2008
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Thanks for the excellent pictures.

Your Benrus was U.S. Army issue during the Vietnam era and for some years after. From what I have heard, men could also buy them from the Army PX back then.

Benrus made a good mechanical watch and they are capable of long service. If you use it, the value will decrease with every scratch.

The price range in excellent condition appears to be from $150.00 to $175.00. Early dates command a higher premium as well as such factors as an original strap.

BTW: Also around the time of the Vietname war, Benrus produced a so called, "non-repairable" disposable U.S. and Australian Army watch. These had green plastic cases. They are also collectable.

If you run a search of the name BENRUS you will find lots of information in past threads on our Military Watch Forum. Vietnam and post-Vietnam era watches have a strong collector following.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Thanks for the excellent info, Greg. I thought it would be worth right around what you have indicated but i wouldnt sell it anyway, it is a really cool watch with a neat history behind it obviously. I am going to put it away and admire it from time to time but not wear it and mess it up. Maybe when my son is my age itll be worth a lot more and he can do something cool with it!

Posts: 2 | Location: Tucson, Arizona in the USA | Registered: December 22, 2008
posted

Posts: 74 | Location: Redondo Beach, California USA | Registered: July 12, 2006
posted

Posts: 74 | Location: Redondo Beach, California USA | Registered: July 12, 2006