• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

US Navy Waltham mounted chronometer watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

US Navy Waltham mounted chronometer watch.Size 37,15 jewel,8 day movement.Waltham used a movement for a automobile clock but for the US Navy upgraded it to 15 jewels,adjusted to temp and Isochronism and given a polarity test witch at the time was a Naval observatory specification requirement.They were made from 1907-1936.And another requirement a winding indicator.The automobile clocks had a red and green dot to let you know when to wind it but the Navy specification was like what you see on most ship's chronometer's with how many day's it would run to let you know when to wind it.the serial no on movement 22115845 and the US Navy serial no 847 on side of brass case made around 1919.It also has two main springs that wind at the same time when you wind it.It is also pendent set.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted

When I got this it was missing the outer box and these are hard to find they did not make as many of these as they did Hamilton's 21 and 22 were you have a easier time finding them the waltham boxes are just a little smaller I know some one that does a good job of remaking the boxes for these so I odered one for my waltham just got it today before I did the first post so here is the outer box what do you forum member's think?I know the outer box is not original but it does look good and every thing else is.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Picture of Robert Farricy
posted
I think it's swell. I just wish I had one like it.
->Bob F.

Posts: 56 | Location: Syracuse, New York USA | Registered: June 05, 2003
Picture of James H. Miller
posted
i once had one just like it (it may have been that one)it to was missing the outer box.i love them things i wish i had a truck full of them.

Posts: 279 | Location: Wheatridge, Colorado in the USA | Registered: January 20, 2008
posted
Hi James
I was wondering were you the seller I got this off of Ebay a few years ago?The guy I got the outer box from knows a lot about chronometers and I talk to him on the phone he never seen one with Navy marking on the tub unless they don't come on the market that mutch can you give me more info on this if you were the seller and know more info.
Thanks Mike

Picture of James H. Miller
posted
hi mike,
i dont know the time line is about right.i was going to ask you if you knew anything about it.is that number a ship number our a s.n.? it is hard to get any info on these.
james

Posts: 279 | Location: Wheatridge, Colorado in the USA | Registered: January 20, 2008