• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 4992B Technical Manual "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a formaly RESRICTED tech. manual on this pocketwatch.
Title; OPERATION,SERVICE, AND OVERHAUL INSTRUCTIONS WITH PARTS CATALOG FOR MASTER NAVIGATION WATCH TYPE AN5740 NAVY STOCK NO. R88-W-510 {HAMILTON}
10 AUGUST 1945; REVISED 16 JULY 1956
This has plenty of pictures of disassembly, and assembly in laymans terms.
It is 33 pages; 11X8 1/2 in. and has exploded illistrated parts breakdown, and pictures of step by step repairs, with illistrations and sequense of events of operation.
If anyone has time to makes copies available to members for free I am willing to donate this book
as long as I get the original back in a reasonable time frame.

Mike K

Posts: 108 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: August 09, 2006
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the 185! I could scan in a copy of the manual and provide it to IHC185ers.

Also, do have any parts for the 4992Bs? I am in need of a crown for a silver case.

I have lots of pocket watch parts - let me know if you need something, and I can check.

John III

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
I would scan it and put it on the web here at IHC185, since that's my job. I scan at 300 dpi so if someone prints it out the quality will be very good.

UPDATE! HERE IT IS...

CLICK: https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...254108073/m/21410695

Then use the link titled "Newly Expanded Hamilton Referenced Presented by IHC185"

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Frank; I will leave the rest up to you if that's OK. I'll send it USPS Priority.
It really is a super manual.
Mike

Mike K

Posts: 108 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: August 09, 2006