Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Carley & Clemence "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ben Roberts
posted
Does anyone have any information, history etc, regarding the British company Carley and Clemence Ltd.
I have seen railway pocket watches (LMS & LNER) and also military pocket watches by them for sale on the Web, and these were presumably produced during the 1930's. Also I have just acquired a Mark 3A aircraft clock from the UK, dating from 1937 with their name on the dial. However, despite all sorts of searches, I have been unable to track down anything about them. Any information or sources of information about them would be much appreciated.

Posts: 34 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: October 04, 2003
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
All of the Carley & Clemence military watches I have seen so far have had Swiss movements.
I wish I had additional information.

There is a rather handsome G.S. MKII (General Service) pocket watch by Carley and Clemens in my collection and I have seen others like it. This G.S. MKII has an attractive shiny black porcelain dial and gold luminous hands. A classy looking watch and a good time keeper.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002