• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Junghans 88 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have been on a kick lately collecting chronographs. In trying to research this I see a lot of references to a Junghans 88, or a Junghans Flieger, but the pictures I have seen have a rotating bezel. Thee also seems to be reference to the fact that there was a reissue of the old Junghans, but I have not found any pictures that look like the watch that I have. Could someone tell me if this is a military issue watch, or a civilian version of the military watch?

Junghans 88

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Picture of Back of Junghans 88

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Junghans 88 Movement

posted
German military timepieces were well marked by the Army or Navy or Luftwaffe. Seeing no markings on yours I would say it is a nice civilian watch.

Posts: 872 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland USA | Registered: September 20, 2004
posted
quote:
German military timepieces were well marked by the Army or Navy or Luftwaffe. Seeing no markings on yours I would say it is a nice civilian watch.

These were post war watches and if military, they were all marked like so;
Yours is a civilian version.

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Here´s a site with all the relavated infos to the movement. Junghans cal j88

another civil dial variant;

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Hi Werner,
attached you will find a pic of the watch with round pusher, recently taken.
I've sold it a couple of month.
regards
Günter

Posts: 1 | Location: Munich in Germany | Registered: May 17, 2011
IHC Member 456
posted
Hello all, I have a nice Junghans 88 which needs an operating lever spring. It is the white colored part in the upper left in the photo from the website mentioned above. Does anyone know of a supplier of Junghans 88 parts, maybe in Germany since they are pretty scarce here?
Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005