Reply to Post

A marriage made in a parts box? "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Anyone care to comment about his one?

Seiko/Longines mix

Posts: 2015 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Maybe I'm just naturally suspicious, but that "S.K.S" signature on the case is not what I'd expect to find on any case for a Longines.

Can anyone translate these various makings?

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

With space around the movement and additional case-screw markings I see no way this could have been an original combination.

Apparently one, possibly two prior occupants...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Lindell nailed it.

The case was made for a Seiko chronograph movement. The markings on the back stand for 'second timer class two' The character in the circle stands for 'water' Thus, the watch case was originally intended for a torpedo boat or a submarine.

The Longines dial looks sort of military, like something used in a British G.S. MKII, but could easily be an ordinary civilian watch movement.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 2015 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002