• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hanhart Fliegerchronograph "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi, I recently aquired an original WW2 Hanhart Fliegerchronograph, that is missing the bezel, crystal, hands, and balance cock jewel and inca spring. Can these parts be found? If so, can anyone suggest someone to do the repairs? Any and all replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks,

John C. Smith

Posts: 26 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: March 04, 2006
posted
Hi John,

the crystal, hands and the jewel assy will not be a problem but the bezel would as it is an obsolete item since long ago....is it a two or one pusher? would you post a pic pls? my opinion is that you need a bezel before to invest money into the repair...
rgds

Enzo

Posts: 285 | Location: Rome, Italy | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
Enzo, Greg told me that you were the person to talk to about this watch. It is a two pusher, and I will get some pictures taken sometime tomorrow. I already knew that the bezel was going to be tough to find. The watch had a rotating bezel. I don't suppose that a bezel off of one of the current Fliegerchronographs would work, would it? This watch was purchased along with a whole box of watches, and I thoroughly searched for the bezel, but it wasn't in the box. I would like to see it repaired rather than having to sell it as a parts watch. Thanks,

John C. Smith

posted
Hello John,

i understand.....i will gladly look at the pics you will post....sadly you did not find the original bezel, the fact is that the recent bezel is different in style and dim.
By looking at the watch probably it will be possible to see which way to go....what is the S/n stamped on the caseback and on the mvmt near the chrono bridge?

rgds to all

Enzo

posted
Enzo, here are the pictures. The serial number is 120752.

John C. Smith

posted
John,

you can contact me at:

Enzolaser@yahoo.it

rgds

enzo

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Looks like an original band, always a plus on these. It's unfortunate about the bezel, but keep looking.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Great looking watch John! Even with the missing parts!

Tim

Posts: 29 | Location: Milton, Ontario in Canada | Registered: May 23, 2006